[mapguide-users] Re: help listing items selected, not just saying Items Selected : xx

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Wed Mar 16 18:12:56 EDT 2011

As far as I know, the only way to do this in the current framework would be
to create a temporary "layer" of the currently highlighted feature of the
selection set, and add it to the runtime map.  I can't imagine a way of
doing this that is performant.

With the Fusion viewer, it may be possible to return the geometry and create
a vector layer on top of the existing map to highlight the current active
feature.

In either case, there's likely significant work required to add this
feature. Creating an enhancement request in the MapGuide Trac isn't a bad
idea, but there are quite a few of those stacked up.  Without developer
interest (scratching itch) or funding, the likelihood of it getting
addressed is not great.

Jason