[mapguide-users] Re: Mpaguide open source

brenda joseph brendajoseph82 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 21:18:15 EDT 2011

Dear all,

my company want to develop a web based gis, and our company is doing a road
maintenance. My GM (general manager) want a web based which can display the
roads under our maintenance and also to display all the culverts and
bridges. all my culverts and bridges has it's own picture. so my web later
on not only can display the roads and all the culvert and bridge but also
can link to the picture. So maybe everytime i click the culvert or bridge
point,  it will link to the picture. So i choose mapguide open source since
it is free, but  i am very new to this software and i really need your
help.  what should i do in order to link the culvert and bridge to the
picture. now all my pictures are under C:\pdf. what kind of filter should i
put under the 'link'. or is there any other ways to connect to my picture.

Your help is much appreciated.