[mapguide-users] Still raster ...

f fmail.it at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:29:50 EDT 2011

Hi,
I am still not able to manage raster layers by MapGuide 2.2 and Maestro 3.0.
Because of the problems with ECW format I have considered to use GeoTiff.
I have the following files:   c:\abc.tif    and c:\abc.twf
I follow these steps:

- open Maestro
- click on New Resource
- choose Feature Source
- in "File or Folder path" I write c:\abc.tif
- the Test Connection is ok
- in Coordinate System Overrides I click on Load Defaults
- save the resource in Library://Data/
- clicking on Validate I obtain this warning:  Warning -
OSGeo.MapGuide.ObjectModels.FeatureSource_1_0_0.FeatureSourceType: Spatial
context extent appears to be invalid (or is the default extent returned by
FDO provider. Meaning it very likely does not truly represent the extent of
your data)

then

- click on New Resource
- choose Raster Layer Definition (v1.0.0 schema)
- select the resource Library://Data/abc
- I leave everything as default
- when I try to save this resource I obtain the following error: Error -
OSGeo.MapGuide.ObjectModels.LayerDefinition_1_0_0.LayerDefinition: Failed to
find schema  in featuresource Library://Data/abc.FeatureSource

Could anyone give me some tips for understanding what I am doing wrong or
what is missing?

Thank you very much,
[f]