[mapguide-users] Re: MaestroAPI v3.5 - GetFullPath substitute!

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Tue Nov 15 07:07:21 EST 2011

Hi Jackie

I did not write this code. I've just been assigned the task to upgrade to
the latest API.
This code is used to generate a legend image, this is what I interpret the
code does.
The code traverses all the layers in the map and finds the associated layer
groups all the way to the top to check if these are all visible.
Lets say we have a group hierarchy: Country->Municipals->Cities and a
Parcels layer, then the code checks that none of the group (or any parent
group) is visible. If the layer is visible it is added to the list of layers
to use to generate the legend image.
The loop also compare the scale range of the layer with a given scale. But
my investigations tells me that the new API the scale range is a private
variable and not accessible any more.

Hans...