[mapguide-users] Re: Upgrading MaestroAPI

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 08:20:38 EST 2011

Please don't misunderstand. I did not intentionally set out to go and break
all the applications you guys have written just for the hell of it :-) These
changes were done for a reason.

When I took over Maestro development a year and a half ago, My first design
priority was to re-shape the Maestro API to provide a development experience
similar to that of the official MapGuide API and FDO. It employs heavy use
of interfaces and connection providers (like FDO), and the service-based
design of the MapGuide API with a near identical runtime map and schema
classes.

Anyway feel free to ask whatever questions related to the MaestroAPI. Better
late than never (given these API changes have been in effect for close to a
year now)

- Jackie