[mapguide-users] RE: Points from Sql/ODBC data source not showing

soudemans soudemans at ruekert-mielke.com
Wed Nov 23 16:33:41 EST 2011

I guess it is time to cut my losses.  So I pondered the next dilemma: if I am
going to put the data in a spatial data base, which will have to be ArcSDE,
since the client uses MS SQL Server 2005, then how would I add a record and
point data from the map's interface.  How indeed?  I checked with our
resident Arc-spert who gave me one of those "you've got to be kidding looks"
and then recommended "Don't".  This does not mean that it is impossible;
instead it would be a horrendous work around.  I think I mentioned before
that this should not be rocket science, so I am baffled by the fact that I
am now considering things like storing the data in XML data sources, or
finding some other work-around.  It is a good thing I am going home in an
hour to prepare myself for the annual tradition of consuming turkey and
beer.  But if any-one has experience with this and would be willing to share
I would be much obliged to read whatever suggestions you may come up with.
In the meantime Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate turkey day.