[mapguide-users] Compile Maestro API in Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 3.5

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Wed Nov 30 08:14:41 EST 2011

Hi, I have a problem with using the Maestro API with a .NET 3.5 application.
I get the following error when the application is starting:

InternalXmlHelper.vb(9) : error BC30560: 'ExtensionAttribute' is
ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices'.

A quick Google search (result:
http://www.thesoftwaredevotional.com/2009/01/warning-about-using-extension-methods.html)
reveals that mixing .NET 3.5 with 2.0 can be a bad cocktail.

I tried to open the MaestroAPI solution in VS2010 and change the target
framework to 3.5 but I get a lot of compiler errors and warnings.
Has anyone with success tried this?

Best regards
Hans Milling...