[mapguide-users] Re: Add Mapguide layer to OpenLayers

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Mon Oct 3 12:41:41 EDT 2011

OK.  I think I understand what you are saying about the name.  For some
reason, though, while I am able to create a mapguide base layer like this:

    var params = {
        mapdefinition: "Library://maps/Cid_Map_Flex.MapDefinition",
        selectioncolor: "0xFF000000",
        behavior: 7
    };

    var options = {
        isBaseLayer: true,
        transitionEffect: "resize",
        buffer: 1,
        useOverlay: false,
        useAsyncOverlay: false,
        singleTile: true,
        maxExtent: extent,
        maxResolution: 'auto',
        numZoomLevels: 20,
        sphericalMercator: true
    };

    var myBaseLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapGuide("Cid_Map", url, params,
options);
    map.addLayer(myBaseLayer);

I am unable to do it like this:

    var params = {
        mapname: "'" + mapName + "'",
        session: "'" + sessionId + "'",
        selectioncolor: "0xFF000000",
        behavior: 7
    };

The mapName and sessionId parameters passed to the function appear to be
correct but my browser is giving the following error:

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 559
(MgConnectionFailedException)"

the url looks like this:

/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?USERNAME=Anonymous&mapname='Cid_Map_for_OL'&session='fe95b18c-edda-11e0-8000-485b394503be_en_7F0000010AFC0AFB0AFA'&selectioncolor=0xFF000000&behavior=7&

I think that OpenLayers is finding my map but the mapguide server won't
allow the connection the way I have supplied the parameters.  Is there
anything I am missing?

I would just use the first method but what I really want to do is use the
Mapguide layer as an overlay and use Google maps as my base layer.
According to the documentation, the only way to add a Mapguide layer as an
overlay is using the mapname and sessionid.  When I try it the other way I
get "MgInvalideArgumentException"