[mapguide-users] change layer filter after map has been loaded

tmblackflag steve.calpoly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:28:42 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm currently copying a web layout to the session repository and dynamically
changing the runtime map. Now, after a map has loaded I want to change a
layer filter. I've read that i can use a similar method of getting the layer
xml, modifying the <filter> tag and saving it back to the session
repository.

My question is, are the layer definitions automatically copied to the
session repository when the map requests them? I'm wondering if I will have
trouble overwriting the existing layer defintiion using the SetResource
method, or if it will overwrite it automatically which is what i really
want.

Can anyone who has done this chime in?