[mapguide-users] MapGuide - ArcSDE FDO

GravitaZ jmori at penn-er.com
Thu Oct 20 12:20:01 EDT 2011

I am using Maestro version 4.0, also Mapserver Version 2.2. I am running it
on Windows 7 and IIS 7.5. When I try to set up a new resource using the
ArcSDE FDO I am recieving an error. I already moved all the required dll's
to the FDO folder. (sde.dll, pe.dll, sg.dll). All of the data I need is on
SDE and I'm kind of lost without this working. The Error I am recieving is:

The remote server returned an error: (559) MgFdoException.:
An exception occurred in FDO component.
FDO Provider entry point function 'CreateConnection' returned NULL.

System.Exception: The remote server returned an error: (559)
MgFdoException.:
An exception occurred in FDO component.
FDO Provider entry point function 'CreateConnection' returned NULL.

 ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (559)
MgFdoException.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.HttpServerConnection.OpenRead(String req) in
d:\Workspace\maestro-trunk\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.Http\HttpServerConnection.cs:line
1219
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.HttpServerConnection.OpenRead(String req) in
d:\Workspace\maestro-trunk\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.Http\HttpServerConnection.cs:line
1233
   at
OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.HttpServerConnection.GetProviderCapabilities(String
provider) in
d:\Workspace\maestro-trunk\OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.Http\HttpServerConnection.cs:line
1659
   at Maestro.Base.Editor.FsEditorOptionPanel.Bind(IEditorService service)
in
d:\Workspace\maestro-trunk\Maestro.Base\Editor\FsEditorOptionPanel.cs:line
60
   at Maestro.Base.Editor.FeatureSourceEditor.Bind(IEditorService service)
in
d:\Workspace\maestro-trunk\Maestro.Base\Editor\FeatureSourceEditor.cs:line
63
   at Maestro.Base.Editor.EditorContentBase.set_EditorService(IEditorService
value) in
d:\Workspace\maestro-trunk\Maestro.Base\Editor\EditorContentBase.cs:line 81
   at Maestro.Base.Services.OpenResourceManager.Open(IResource res,
IServerConnection conn, Boolean useXmlEditor, ISiteExplorer siteExp) in
d:\Workspace\maestro-trunk\Maestro.Base\Services

Following that, an error pops up saying
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I'm at a loss as what to do next.