[mapguide-users] RE: What am I doing wrong with labeling

Martin Morrison martin.morrison at edsi.com
Thu Oct 27 10:20:57 EDT 2011

Try \p rather than \n...

Martin Morrison
Application Engineer
Engineering Design Systems, Inc.
3780 Peters Creek Rd Ext SW
Roanoke, VA  24018
540.345.1410
gis.edsi.com

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Homan, Thomas
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:20 AM
To: MapGuide Users Mail List
Subject: [mapguide-users] What am I doing wrong with labeling

Hello,

I'm working in AIMS 2012 and trying to create a multiline label for a polygon and cannot get the newline to work. What am I doing wrong?

The expression I have is:  Concat ( Precinct , '\n' , Pct_Hispan  )
Precinct is text: 'Corizo'
Pct_Hispan is text: '2.1 %'

I tried a URLENCODE(Pct_Hispan) thinking maybe the space and % were hanging things up. No Joy.

Finally, I tried a very simple  Concat ( 'Line 1' , '\n' , 'Line 2'  ) and get back a label of 'Line 1Line 2'

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Tom