[mapguide-users] how to add an vehicle icon and trace line to mapguide ?

captainst quchenxy at yeah.net
Fri Sep 23 11:18:53 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I am still a new user to Mapguide. I want to make a vehicle tracking
application, where I need to show the vehicle png icon, trace lines, ecc on
the map.

I've spent sometime studying Mapguide OS, maestro, Fusion, Openlayers, and
figured out that the *best* way is to use the openlayer vector object, which
is still a piece of hard nut for me now.

(I've been doing this kind of apps before using Microchip MapPoint, and it
seemed quite easy. Dozens of lines of C++ code handle everything. When
changed to web, mamamia...)

Could anybody point me a way to do this ? Many thanks in advance !