[mapguide-users] Re: Add Mapguide layer to OpenLayers

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Wed Sep 28 16:52:27 EDT 2011

Thanks Jackie.  I know that should be obvious to me but I am still quite new
to this.

So now with my map object I can use map.GetObjectId()  which gives me what
appears to be the first part of the session ID and map.GetName() which gives
the map name, in my case 'Cid_Map'.  According to the examples, OpenLayers
is looking for something like:

'Sheboygan49ad9e20e7171'

I know the mapname passed to the Fusion viewer looks just like that, but I
don't know how or if I can get this from the mapguide server to pass to
OpenLayers.

Can anyone tell me where that name comes from and how to get it?

Thanks,

Greg