[mapguide-users] Infrastructure Studio 2012 WMS connection

msteventon msteventon at wtgroupllc.com
Thu Sep 29 16:00:19 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I've been searching for a couple of days now on how to cure my problem and
am having little success. I have setup a data connection using the WMS FDO
provider within Studio to the following URL:

http://njwebmap.state.nj.us/njimagery?

I'm able to successfully retrieve a list of layers available on the WMS
server, so far so good. The problem is that I'm unable to get any of them to
draw within my fusion layout, due to the following error message:

An exception occurred in FDO component. StyleNotDefined: [161061] [wms] no
support for non-default styles

Using Wire Shark we were able to see that Studio was sending the following
in the WMS request:

"&STYLES=default"

On a whim I removed the =default and sent the request manually via a web
browser and hey presto it worked!

I'm trying to figure out which file to edit so that I can get Studio to send
the WMS request minus the =default and this is where I'm getting stuck.

Is anyone able to offer any suggestions?