[mapguide-users] RE: ODBC connection: No points shown

JanvW jan.vonwartburg at bl.ch
Thu Apr 12 04:20:21 EDT 2012

I have found a workaround for my problem with showing points from a SQL
Server 2000 database using an ODBC connecting (MGOS 2.2 / Maestro 4.0.0):

I used Maestro 2.1 for setting up the dataconnection. The preview of the
feature source still didn't work (error message: "Argument ist null"), but I
could create a new layer and show the X/Y coordinates as points.
I think that the configuration document produced by Maestro 4 is faulty. I
compared the configuration documents produced by Maestro 2.1 and Maestro 4.0
and they do look different.

So if anyone has problems showing a point layer with ODBC in MGOS 2.2, using
Maestro 2.1 could be the solution.

Jan