[mapguide-users] MapGuide 2.2 GDAL Raster Provider - a little help finding some files

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:25:06 EST 2012

> Problem is that the file is no longer available on Tamas' site.  Does anyone
> have a copy of this file kicking around that they could send my way?
>  Alternatively, can anyone confirm if a newer build would work - and be
> stable?

I'm on Linux and for some reasons I have to compile gdal myself.

I've compiled and used (in production sites) version 1.6.0, version
1.6.3 (last release in 1.6 branch if I remember correctly) and version
1.7.2, without particular problems on tiff and png rasters (even if
some care is required preparing the files, and I strongly suggest
testing the files with gdalinfo prior to deploy it).

I've also tried version 1.8 from SVN some times ago and had some
problems with mapguide. At the time I had not enough time to
investigate the reason, also because version 1.7 appered to run well.

I've compiled it passing the parameter (--with-thread), that for
versions below 1.8 is not the default, in order to have multithread
support.

So probably a correctly compiled gdal 1.6 or 1.7 for windows is going to work.

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini