[mapguide-users] Re: 64-bit woes

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Wed Jan 11 13:20:25 EST 2012

This is what I had done originally (and others as well, from the looks of things).  When I used the 32 bit dll's, the application would compile, but the web site displayed the "wrong format" exception when I tried to debug the web site.

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Crispin_at_Linknode
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:42 PM
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-users] Re: 64-bit woes

Hi,

There is a slightly better way to achieve this (assuming .NET application on
x64 machine).

On a x64 machine install the 64-bit version of MapGuide.
This will install the 64-bit server and configure the 64-bt web-tier.

Also download and extract the 32-bit versions of all the web-tier DLLs for the next step.

In your application in Visual Studio use the 32-bit references (and copy all the folders from the 32-bit ajaxviewer\bin folder to your project\bin folder).

Configure your VS project to run under an IIS virtual directory.  Add a new 32-bit compatible app-pool to IIS to ensure that you are 32-bit compatible and set your application to use that app pool.

You application can then use the standard webconfig.ini to initialise but will run the web-tier in 32-bit mode allowing you to debug but communicate with the 64-bit server and services for native compatibility.

The only problem I have left is that I have applications that also require an Oracle client and I cannot get a 32-bit Ora client to run on x64 so I am stuck with the "incorrect format" problem.
Could someone advise if this is due to the web-tier DLLs being compiled in specific x86 and x64 versions - if the web-tier were compiled in "any CPU"
would this solve the problem generically?

-----
linknode.co.uk