[mapguide-users] DLL Errors on a 64 Bit OSGeo Implementation

soudemans soudemans at ruekert-mielke.com
Thu Jan 19 17:31:37 EST 2012

Hi,

If this looks familiar I apologize in advance.  I have been all over the
internet with this issue for the past 3 - 4 weeks, and though I am making
progress the going has been painfully slow.  We are running OSGEO 64 bit on
a virtual Windows 2008 R2 server with Visual Studio Pro 2010 and MagGuide
Studio V 2.2.0.6301 and we are migrating an existing MapGuide website (from
a 32 bit box) to this new server.  To sum it up I am having .dll problems.
I had a bare bones application running and all I had to do was add the
missing web forms.  The original application was written in C#, We added new
functionality in VB.NET.  Consequently the login.aspx page is in C# and the
Default.aspx was in VB.NET.  I figured it might be best to translate the
Login page to eliminate that variable from the equation.

It is when I add a new web form to the project that all hell breaks loose,
and my VS error window lights up like a Christmas tree.  I get the following
messages and since the message is the same I will give that once and then
list the affected .DLLs:
*"Unable to load referenced library '<file>.dll': An attempt was made to
load a program with an incorrect format."*
- ACE.dll
- FoundationUnmanagedApi.dll
- GeometryUnmanagedApi.dll
- GEOS.dll
- lib_json.dll
- MapGuideCommonUnmanagedApi.dll
- MgMapGuideCommon.dll
- MgHttpHandler.dll
- MgFoundation.dll
- MgGeometry.dll
- MgMdfModel.dll
- MgMdfParser.dll
- MgPlatformBase.dll
- MgWebApp.dll
- PlatformBaseUnmanagedApi.dll
- webUnmanagedApi.dll
- xerces-c_2_7.dll

I also got the following:
*"C:<path>\WebForm1.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Could not load file or
assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made
to load a program with an incorrect format."*

Then I checked each of the DLLs using Dependency Walker and found that there
are three systems DLLs missing.  I'll list them with their corresponding
messages:
*"Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not
found*
- IESHIMS.DLL
- MSVCR90.DLL
*"Warning: At least one delay-load dependency was not found"
"Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
function in a delay-load dependent module"*
- IEFFRAME.DLL
- SHLWAPI.DLL

Also we (I did have some help) tried signing the assemblies according to
Jackie's Blog (See
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2010/10/using-maestro-in-native-mode-with.html
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2010/10/using-maestro-in-native-mode-with.html
but we could not get that to work.

A final note: I am afraid that this is so far over my head that if you give
me generalities I will remain eternally lost.  If you have the answer or
suggestions, please be specific with your instructions or point me in the
direction of some good documentation.  Thanks so much for your help and
consideration.