[mapguide-users] Re: Enhanced Stylization - <repeat> value

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Fri Jan 20 10:41:01 EST 2012

To be precise, if repeat is set to zero or a negative number, the symbol will only be placed at the start and/or end offset positions. I assume that removing the repeat element just sets it to zero which has the desired effect.

Here is some extra information from Walt for about what happens when repeat <= 0:

For non-positive Repeat values the VertexControl option is ignored, and the following rules apply to the StartOffset and EndOffset parameters:

*	if the StartOffset is specified (>=0) then a symbol is drawn at the start offset location
*	if the EndOffset is specified (>=0) then a symbol is drawn at the end offset location
*	if the StartOffset and EndOffset are both specified but their sum is greater than the polyline length (the EndOffset offset location comes before the StartOffset location) then no symbols are drawn
*	if the StartOffset and EndOffset are both unspecified (< 0) then no symbols are drawn

Traian