[mapguide-users] Error on insert features into SQL Server Spatial

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Wed Jul 11 05:55:22 PDT 2012

I think it is a bit different then the bug you mentioned.

You are right that this "possible" error is not logged in to error.log. I
think that is what this ticket was related to.

I say "possible" because everything seems to work fine. The features are
correctly stored int the table and they are also shown on the map. The
sql-string in SQL Server Profiler looks good. I double checked the FDO
schema. The Identity Property is set to auto-generated.

This error belongs to all spatial tables in different databases. So maybe
this means that my code is wrong but the same code works perfect with SDF or
Shape Provider

I've tested it with 2.2 and 2.4 Beta!

Was this bug already fixed in MapGuide 2.4 Beta or only in RC?
What would be logged to the error.log. Is it the error from UpdateFeatures
methode or are there some more indicators for the error!

Gunter