[mapguide-users] Re: multiple coordinate systems SQL spatial?

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Thu Mar 1 13:02:35 EST 2012

The data imported into SQL Server Spatial is in whatever native SRS the data was captured in unless you converted it during import.

So when you connect your datasource you should be getting the native SRS for the data. At the time you define your map you can pick the alternate SRS for all datasources to be converted into.

You only do an override if the source doesn't know what the value is. The override is simply to set the SRS to a value that matches what the data was captured in.

Dave