[mapguide-users] MaestroAPI4 - Base layers have empty group property

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Tue Mar 6 05:10:56 EST 2012

Hi All

Does anyone know why layers that are base layers have an empty/blank Group
property.
In Maestro I have set up a map, added a group (Orthophoto) and a layer
(Land2006).
If I do this:

foreach (RuntimeMapLayer l in map.Layers)
{
  MessageBox.Show(l.Name+"\r\n"+l.Group);
}

The messagebox will print:
Land2006
Orthophoto

Then if I convert the group to a base layer group the Group property is an
empty string then running the above code again.
This worked in MaestroAPI v2, the l.Group would still contain "Orthophoto".

Does anyone know if I am doing this wrong? Is there is some other way to get
the group name of a base layer or is there a bug in the MaestroAPI v4?

Best regards
  Hans Milling...