[mapguide-users] OGR2OGR with SQL Saptial and f_tables

Flipper scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Wed Mar 7 13:05:26 EST 2012

I've created a SQL Server Spatial Database in Autocad Map that is FDO
Enabled.
I Bulk Copied one File in from SHP to test it and it is working.

What I want to do is USE ogr2ogr to allow the user to bulk copy changes into
this geodatabase instead of Using Autocad Map.

However I am having troubles getting OGR2OGR 2 recognize the f_table
structures, instead every SHP file copied over ends up being referenced in 2
new tables instead...Geometry_columns and Spatial_ref_sys wich is not
recognized..

Sample
"C:\OSGEO4W\bin\ogr2ogr"  -overwrite -f MSSQLSpatial
"MSSQL:server=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;database=GEO_TEMPLATE;trusted_connection=yes"
"QRYPROCESSED\Temp.shp"

Anyone had success doing this?