AW: AW: [mapguide-users] Changed shape columns cause problems

David Das Neves neves at systemtechnik.net
Tue Mar 13 03:23:55 EDT 2012

Sure I did ;)

I debugged now the javascript for inserting the propertypane and found the error:

{"Error":{"Message":"An exception occurred in FDO component.
The property 'BEZEICHNUN' was not found. ","StackTrace":"- MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation line 83 file c:\\builds\\mg22win32\\mgdev\\server\\src\\services\\feature\\FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
- MgOpSelectFeatures.Execute line 109 file c:\\builds\\mg22win32\\mgdev\\server\\src\\services\\feature\\OpSelectFeatures.cpp
- MgServerFeatureService.SelectFeatures line 433 file c:\\builds\\mg22win32\\mgdev\\server\\src\\services\\feature\\ServerFeatureService.cpp
- MgServerSelectFeatures.SelectFeatures line 266 file c:\\builds\\mg22win32\\mgdev\\server\\src\\services\\feature\\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp
"}}

Found this string in a responsestring which somehow never got visible to me.

I was wondering a little and then I recognized that the column "BEZEICHNUN" does not even belong to this layer. Neither the new or old layer.

So I went back in the maestro and looked in the UI "Layer Properties Visible In Viewer" - all correct as proved before and cache has been purged a lot of times and also the shape and the feature class were reset many times.
Afterwards i proved the xml-content of this layer... The PropertyMappings were nearly all wrong but that was not really a wonder - they belonged all to a total different layer which was never in touch with this action.

To get this layer repaired i created a new one - selected the shape - selected the correct shape class - edited the xml - and copied the PropertyMappings to the damaged layer overwriting the existing and ... now it works.

So I got 2 points to complain here:
- Why does the Maestro not update the PropertyMappings?
- Why on hell does the Maestro insert PropertyMappings from a total different Layer?

Greetings

David