[mapguide-users] Re: Label Style problem

captainst quchenxy at yeah.net
Tue Mar 20 21:35:24 EDT 2012

Thank you again Jamo!

I modified the xml directly adding the following tags to the <Label> group:

            <AdvancedPlacement>
              <ScaleLimit>1</ScaleLimit>
            </AdvancedPlacement>

Indeed the "scaling" problem is resolved. I see all label text with the same
size:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4639035/GRA2.png

While still some of the letters are shown upside-down, or twining together.
I think that the solution lies in your above last reply - using the symbol
definition with "points". However, I am using the "roads.shp" file as the
data source to render the motorways, which has only "lines" to be rendered
by Mapguide and I could not use the symbol definition.

So I am wondering if there is another way to work around this ?