[mapguide-users] Re: FDO OGR provider stops working with many layers

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Wed Mar 21 05:21:45 EDT 2012

Hi jackie

How do I disable connection pooling for the OGR provider?

The mapinfo files are already in a lot of different directories.
I made a small FDO test application. This is what the application do:

Loop trough all directories and files
for each *.TAB file
  TRY
    Open the file using FDO OGR 3.6
    Read the class name
    Query the table and get the first row of data
    IConnection.Close()
  CATCH
  END TRY
next

Now if I "forget" to run the IConnection.Close(), the OGR provider starts
throwing the same exceptions as MGOS2.2 after about 200 successfull files.
If I include the close() there are no errors with the total of 983 .TAB
files.
If disabling connection pooling will (internal) close the connections after
each query, then that will solve my problem I guess.

Hans...