[mapguide-users] Re: FDO OGR provider stops working with many layers - SOLVED

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Wed Mar 21 05:37:16 EDT 2012

Hi Zack

I have not tested with any viewer yet. I only worked with maestro so far to
setup the feature sources, layers and maps, and that was when I discovered
the problem.

The problem is solved now thanks. I excluded the OGR provider from the
connectionpool (Using the DataConnectionPoolExcludedProviders) and now
everything works. I could see that the pool limit was set to 200, and that
number is close to the limit found by my test application (even though the
test application does not use mapguide). I guess that some internal limit is
reached when more than 200 MapInfo files (Each consists of a TAB, ID, IND
and MAP file) are opened at the same time. Increasing DataConnectionPoolSize
did not help, but excluding the provider did.

Hans...