[mapguide-users] Re: using localnative connection , to remote server.

Birgir bgu at geograf.dk
Wed Mar 28 05:04:26 EDT 2012

Hi,
Ive tested the localnative connection to a remote server and I get the
following error:

/Problem:
Cannot establish connection to the MapGuide Server.

Possible Causes:
-Your session has been idle for too long;
-MapGuide Server is no longer responding;
-Internet connection problems.

Solution:
Restart your application / session, restart the MapGuide Server service, or
contact with the server administrator.
/
---
What I do is, I create a http connection and use the http session id when I
create the localnoative connection.

//create http connection
IServerConnection *con* =
ConnectionProviderRegistry.CreateConnection("Maestro.Http", "Url",
host.ToString(), "Username", username, "Password", password);
//IServerConnection con = new HttpServerConnection(host, username, password,
"da", true);

// create localnative connection, this gives me the error
sh.MapGuide.LocalConnection =
ConnectionProviderRegistry.CreateConnection("Maestro.LocalNative",
"SessionId=" + *con.SessionID* + ";AllowUntestedVersion=true");
//sh.MapGuide.LocalConnection = new LocalNativeConnection(con.SessionID);

Regards,
Birgir