[mapguide-users] Re: FDO OGR provider stops working with many layers

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Fri Mar 30 06:03:18 EDT 2012

Hi jackie

Adding to the exclude list, does solve the problem, but the benefits (I
assume there must be) of having the connection pools are lost.
What I did instead was to add to the: DataConnectionPoolSizeCustom =
OSGeo.OGR:50
It seems that the somewhere in the system is an upper limit of open files
and with 5 files for each mapinfo layer and a default poolz size of 200 that
maximum open files limit is reached. But limiting the OGR provider to 50
connections solves my problem. I guess that is a better solution since
connection pooling is still used then, just not so many of them as before.

Hans...