[mapguide-users] Point Selection of Multiple Layers

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 10:34:10 PST 2012

When trying to perform a "multiple selection" with a point selection (i.e.
single click on screen) using the Ajax viewer in MGOS2.4, I am finding that
I am only able to select the top layer and nothing under it.  If I execute a
selection by drawing a rectangle, then it will correctly execute the
multiple selection through various layers.  I have tried to change the
tolerance of the point selection in ajaxmappane.templ by changing the
following but that did not seem to work.  Any suggestions?

  else if(tool == 0)
            {
                if((x2 - x1 <= 2) && (y2 - y1 <= 2))
                {
  //pt1 = ScreenToMapUnits(x1-2, y1-2);   original
  //pt2 = ScreenToMapUnits(x1+2, y1+2);  original

                    pt1 = ScreenToMapUnits(x1-10, y1-10);
                    pt2 = ScreenToMapUnits(x1+10, y1+10);
                    RequestPointSelection(pt1.X, pt1.Y, pt2.X, pt2.Y,
appending);
                }
                else
                {
                    pt1 = ScreenToMapUnits(x1, y1);
                    pt2 = ScreenToMapUnits(x2, y2);
                    RequestRectSelection(pt1.X, pt1.Y, pt2.X, pt2.Y,
appending);
                }