[mapguide-users] New Installation - unclear/missing documentation

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:23:51 PDT 2012

Take a look a my blog post for an introduction:

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/introducing-mapguide-instant-setup.html

Point the "Source Directory" to where you extracted the files (the one with
the 4 directories), pick an output directory where the generated scripts
will be saved to, fill in the rest of the information and click "Configure".

Of the generated scripts, run mgserver.bat to start the MapGuide Server
process interactively, if you configured to use Apache, run mgwebtier.bat to
start the bundled Apache Server interactively.

Site Administrator: http://localhost:<your httpd port number or 80 for
IIS>/<your mapguide virtual directory>/mapadmin/login.php

URL to connect with Maestro: http://localhost:<your httpd port number or 80
for IIS>/<your mapguide virtual directory>/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi

Default administrator login is:

Administrator
admin

- Jackie