[mapguide-users] Map frame display delay

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 11:22:07 PDT 2013

Thanks for the insight.  I am not concerned about the 1st time the map loads
after service restart.  That doesn't happen often and it's usually me doing
the restart and then testing the map.  It's the times after that could get
annoying for users.

I've looked in serverconfig.ini.  I am wondering if any of these settings
could help fix this issue.

[GeneralProperties]
PreCacheMaps                     The list of maps to precache at server
startup.
                                        Value = Map resource name(s)
separated by ","
                                        Example:
Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition

[FeatureServiceProperties]
CacheTimeLimit                   Time duration in seconds for how long to
                                       cache the internal data objects
                                       0 < Value <= 2147483647

Could anyone shed some more light on these settings?  What does pre-caching
the map do?  What are internal data objects?  Right now CacheTimeLimit is
set to 86400 (=24hrs) so perhaps if this sets the limit for the MgMap cache,
then increasing that might help out.

-Steve G