[mapguide-users] can maestro create sdf?

mika at digikartta.net mika at digikartta.net
Thu Dec 12 12:42:46 PST 2013

Hi,
Maestro 5 and AIMS 2014 again,
I can create featuresource like this:

IFeatureSource fs = ObjectFactory.CreateFeatureSource(this.mgSiteConn,
"OSGeo.SDF");
                     fs.SetConnectionProperty("File",
"%MG_DATA_FILE_PATH%zone.sdf");
                     fs.SetConnectionProperty("ReadOnly", "FALSE");
                     this.resSrvc.SaveResourceAs(fs, dataSourceId);

But this doesn't create the SDF and how could it, I understand that.
But without knowing how SDF works I thought I could create some sort of
empty SDF and insert data into it later. I tried to create a schema for
it:

                     com.IApplySchema cmd =
(com.IApplySchema)this.mgSiteConn.CreateCommand((int)com.CommandType.ApplySchema);
                     cmd.Schema = schema;
                     cmd.FeatureSourceId = dataSourceId;
                     cmd.Execute();

This will crash on excecute.

If I recall right this all was done like this in the MG API:

MgCreateSdfParams sdfParams = new MgCreateSdfParams(string, srs,
schema);
featSrvc.CreateFeatureSource(dataSourceId, sdfParams);

How should I implement the same in Maestro API?

- mika -