[mapguide-users] mapguide 2.4 sql server spatial feature source - can't select the data store and can't use join extensions

Jose M. C. Marques jm at gismedia.pt
Tue Feb 12 02:30:55 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm working on a project where the geo information is stored in SQL Server 2008 in spatial tables with a geometry column. So far I've been using mapguide 2.2, but this time I tried to use mapguide 2.4 and found some problems:

If I try to create a new Feature Source (SQL Server Spatial Feature Source) with Maestro (any version) and in the connection properties I choose an user that doesn't have permission to all of the databases, instead of getting a list of data stores to choose the one I want (work ok on mapguide 2.2) I get an exception window reporting "The server principal «myUser» is not able to access the database «OneOfTheDatabasesInTheServer" under the current security context", so to choose the Data Store I have to use the "sa" user instead. This problem also happens with beta version of mapguide 2.5.

If I create a layer pointing directly to one of the spatial tables, the information is represented ok in all versions of mapguide, If the layer is pointing to a view that relates one spatial table with one data table, all versions of mapguide shows the information on the map (but without the possibility of selecting objects), but if I try to define the join inside the SQL Server Spatial Feature Source using the "Extensions and Joins", the information shows ok on mapguide 2.2 but I get empty layers on mapguide 2.4 and on the beta of mapguide 2.5

In the logs, I've found this:

Error: Failed to stylize layer: Elemento_PI_TesteJoin
        An exception occurred in FDO component.
        Expected object or association property
StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers() line 881 file c:\mg-2.4-x86\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp

Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
        Expected object or association property  (Cause: Expected object or association property , Root Cause: Expected object or association property )
StackTrace:
  - MgRenderingServiceHandler.ProcessOperation() line 83 file c:\mg-2.4-x86\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\RenderingServiceHandler.cpp
  - MgOpQueryFeatures.Execute() line 125 file c:\mg-2.4-x86\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\OpQueryFeatures.cpp
  - MgServerRenderingService.QueryFeatures() line 848 file c:\mg-2.4-x86\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\ServerRenderingService.cpp
  - MgServerRenderingService.RenderForSelection() line 1520 file c:\mg-2.4-x86\mgdev\server\src\services\rendering\ServerRenderingService.cpp
  - MgServerFeatureService.SelectFeatures() line 462 file c:\mg-2.4-x86\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerFeatureService.cpp
  - MgServerSelectFeatures.SelectFeatures() line 325 file c:\mg-2.4-x86\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp
  - MgServerSelectFeatures.SelectFdoJoin() line 2045 file c:\mg-2.4-x86\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp
  - MgSelectCommand.ExecuteJoined() line 429 file c:\mg-2.4-x86\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\SelectCommand.cpp

I don't know if this is a known problem or if I have to do this other way in this new versions.

Thanks,
José Marques