[mapguide-users] MG 2.4 final, MG 2.5 Beta 1 problems, errors ... ect.

Juanita Juanita581 at riseup.net
Wed Feb 27 11:27:21 PST 2013

3.Thank You Jackie for explanations, I appreciate that, now I understand

8. So it is defect. What is more, if I cancel (by ESC) measuring and close
the window by clicking X (in pop up template)  I’m still in measure mode
without any messages that I’m in measure mode, so it is getting nervous how
to get out from this measure !

Starting measure mode (message and window)
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037347/measure_1.jpg>

ESC (only window)
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037347/measure_2_ESC.jpg>

Close window, no messages and I’m still in measure mode !
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037347/measure_3_still_measure.jpg>

No messages and I’m still in measure mode (Slate)
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037347/measure_3_still_measure_slate.jpg>

Similar situation is in Theme. if You set up your own colors for particular
spatial distribution You just wondered how can I get out of this ? There is
Apply button but where is Cancel ?
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037347/Theme.jpg>

I think very good solution for this shows buffer widget. At the bottom of
window You have information what You need to do further and You can decide
if You want to create buffer or not, genius!. Two simple button: Done and
Cancel.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037347/buffer.jpg>

Why this solution cannot be implemented in Measure widget ? or Theme ?

This is the way of  “annoying” messages displaying on the map on the map,
crossing the whole map and cover the map content no matter how long
statement is. Sometimes is only few words and the background is going from
one end of map to the another. If the messages are really necessary maybe
there is the way to do it ghosted without yellow background ?

About Redline. It would be good to have possibility to name it your own
name, not only labeled it. There is Edit style feature where You have the
Redline Name but it is locked, so You can change everything except name.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037347/Redline_name_unchange.jpg>

 I would rather have possibility to name my new created layer as I like and
print, than choose color.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5037347/Redline_legend.jpg>

 It would be good to have that option like in Buffer, which allows me to
decide if I want to add my drawings or not. Two simple button: Done and
Cancel.

I’m testing and writing all those things, not to offend creators of MGOS, I
simply would like to have new MG 2.5 final with better functionality of
existing widgets, nothing more