[mapguide-users] Change log to show PC Name if available

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue May 28 23:00:43 PDT 2013

have a look here http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

you can easily run it over the IIS or Apache logs files,
or you can teach it to understand the mapguide server log files,
but I'd recommend sticking to the webserver files as it's going
to be easier.

You can set it up to run every hour or nightly to process your log files,
it keeps a incremental set of stats over time

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Jamo <adam.jamison at portbris.com.au> wrote:

> Sorry Zac I'm not following what you mean AWStats would interpret mapguides
> .log files ??
>
> I was hoping the log files that mapguide produces could be modified I'm
> able
> to open the logs stored in mapguide\server\logs\access*.log
>
> The log only lists the IP address not the PC Name, supposedly our IP
> addresess change from time to time and the PC Name is a little more static.
> I've just interpreted the log for the last 6 months and informed them we
> have had roughly 40 solid individual users of our internal GIS and they
> would use the GIS roughly 15 days a month each, in reality the numbers
> might
> be a little less, just want to make sure I'm giving the right
> information....
>
> actually reading the log file is a once off task.
>
> Cheers
>

> -----
> MapGuide Maestro 5.0b
> MapGuide Opensource 2.2.0.5703