[mapguide-users] Select specific layer and feature by passing value to flexible layout (AIMS2014)

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Thu May 30 22:11:38 PDT 2013

Reno Sun wrote:

My idea is from City of Nanaimo GIS website as following:

> http://maps.nanaimo.ca/data/property/105510.html
> -->Open in NanaimoMap
>
> Jason said that you may know how to answer my question :)
>
> Thank you very much :)

Yeah, I had pretty much run into a wall trying to figure out how to help
Reno make this work with Fusion 2 and was hoping someone here might have
some ideas.

My site uses Fusion 1.x, and the ability to select a feature by attribute
filter only (without passing query geometry) was part of the basic
functionality.  Unfortunately, the new query widget in 2.0 (as documented
in the thread that Reno references above) didn't pull in this feature from
the previous version.

Being able to pass a feature ID into a map is pretty darned handy when
trying to do integrations with other extremely loosely coupled systems, so
it's sad that it isn't easy (possible?) currently.

Jason