[mapguide-users] How to change the initial task pane URL programatically

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Fri Feb 7 13:39:16 PST 2014

I do that in my MapGuide Open Source application. Here's is how I do it.

In my weblayout I set the Initial Task Pane URL to a page (in this case it's called TaskPaneRedirect.aspx) that does some C# code that decides which task pane should be loaded and then immediately does a Response.Redirect("URL", false); to the correct task pane page.

All you would have to do is supply TaskPaneRedirect.aspx with the correct URL. I do that by setting a session variable after the user logs into the application. The session variable is set from a database table that contains user information included a preferred task pane.

Your situation may be different, but that's one way of doing it.