[mapguide-users] HELP: An exception occurred in DB XML component.

JamesDudden jamesdudden at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 00:56:53 PST 2014

Hi,
I'm running MG 2.5 on Window server 2008 with .NET installation and
everything was running smoothly.  I turned the Mapguide Service off to do an
update to an MS Access database that is linked to it and then the service
will not restart. All I get is the error below.  The Access database was
just a front end change so I can't see how this would affect Mapguide.
Could something have gone wrong if it was trying to do something when I
switched the service off?  Is there any way back from this as I don't have a
backup?

<2014-01-10T08:51:06> 	5420			Administrator
 Error: An exception occurred in DB XML component.
        Error: Invalid argument
 StackTrace:
  - MgServer.open() line 1222 file
c:\mg-2.5-x64\mgdev\server\src\core\Server.cpp
  - MgServiceManager.Initialize() line 146 file
c:\mg-2.5-x64\mgdev\server\src\common\manager\ServiceManager.cpp
  - MgServerResourceService.OpenRepositories() line 225 file
c:\mg-2.5-x64\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ServerResourceService.cpp
  - MgLibraryRepository.MgLibraryRepository() line 70 file
c:\mg-2.5-x64\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\LibraryRepository.cpp
  - MgResourceContainer.MgResourceContainer() line 140 file
c:\mg-2.5-x64\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceContainer.cpp
<2014-01-10T08:51:06> 	5420
 Success: Server stopped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-----