[mapguide-users] Advice on Mobile Viewer

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Fri Jan 10 15:17:54 PST 2014

I'm looking for a little advice.  People in our organization are clamoring to
move to touch devices.  Currently we have a nice application which uses the
AJAX viewer and have created the same thing using the Fusion viewer.  We
have a very simple mobile version based on Open Layers 2.12 which works well
but has no advanced functionality like selection handling.  The server would
have to be Windows based.  I have been thinking of a couple of options:

1.  Create a somewhat simplified Fusion application for mobile/touch
devices. (I don't know if the latest MGOS version will handle touch events.
We are currently using 2.5.  If it will, please point me in the right
direction.  I have searched but haven't found anything yet.)

2.  Use Autodesk IMS 2013 with it's mobile viewer. (We have a license but
aren't using it.  Crazy I know but MGOS has met all our needs including the
ability to put an entire mapping solution on a laptop and send it into the
field without paying for another license.)

Any advice or input is very welcome.

Thanks,

Greg