[mapguide-users] How to debug MapGuide and FDO OGR?

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Tue Jul 15 05:31:10 PDT 2014

Hi all

I have a strange problem with a MapGuide installation. I tried both 2.2 and
2.6 but they both fail sometimes.
When I preview the map, everything works fine, if I validate the map a few
layers fail with an FDO Exception. If I validate these layers individually,
there is no problem (before I validate the map). Sometimes the error when
validating the map is "Connect failed", other times it says "Unsupported
aggregate operation" in the log (but no info on what "function" that is not
supported). All the layers in the map are MapInfo TAB files. Sometimes after
validating MapGuide stops rendering all labels on the map. The map works
fine, I can switch on/off layers etc. there are just no text on the map. If
I try to validate any resource after this, the server fails with an FDO
Exception.
The layers reported to have errors are different from the MapGuide 2.2 and
2.6 installation.
Restarting the MapGuide service makes it work again until I validate the
map.
My guess is that some layer has some data that makes MapGuide server (or the
FDO provider) bleed out and not work properly (Like if a MapInfo table has a
DateTime field MapGuide cannot handle this). Question is how do I debug
this, is there any way to get verbose output from the MapGuide and the FDO
OGR provider about what is going on? Like with the "Connect failed". If the
file is on the disk and accessible, what is it that breaks inside
MapGuide/FDO that makes it not able to read file, a more detailed error
message would be nice. Also the "Unsupported aggregate operation", what kind
of operations is MapGuide trying to do trough the FDO provider that the FDO
provider refuses to do (or does not support).

Perhaps some more detailed output could tell me what is going on (or at
least what layer/featuresource might be causing the problems).

Best regards Hans Milling...