[mapguide-users] Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 07:10:30 PDT 2014

What I'd like to see in this viewer:

 1. Embrace the use of responsive design. I think it's possible to achieve
something that resembles the AJAX viewer with the classic 3 column layout on
a desktop/tablet that nicely collapses down to just the viewer on a phone,
with the legend and task pane columns hidden but exposing toggle buttons on
the edge that you can use to "pull" that panel in and to "push" it back out.
Of course using responsive design brings the IE question into play, but this
is a mobile viewer right? Who'd use a mobile viewer in IE anyway? :)

 2. Have a PHP backend for the viewer as well. Not because I like PHP, but
because PHP is required for both Windows and Linux versions of MapGuide,
having a PHP backend means you can make this viewer available on both
Windows and Linux versions of MapGuide.

- Jackie