[mapguide-users] IMPORTANT: Ubuntu support for 2.6

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon May 5 08:53:48 PDT 2014

Another update.

I have decided to revert back to Ubuntu 12.04 as the supported version for
the time being.

While MapGuide builds on Ubuntu 14.04, it is horribly unstable due to:

 1. A cryptic segfault that occurs when the WMS FDO provider is loaded via
dlopen()
 2. A double-free error in the agg font manager that is easily triggered
with several zooms and pans in quick succession in the AJAX viewer and will
segfault mgserver when it happens.

I don't have the knowledge nor the time to figure out how to resolve the
above issues, so in the interest of getting 2.6 out the door, we're falling
back to the version of Ubuntu that we know will work more reliably.

- Jackie