[mapguide-users] MapGuide as a Docker container

scoobylx brandon.mason at maritimearchaeology.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 05:27:59 PDT 2014

Hi Jackie,

I'm not sure - it has been stable for me in limited testing. I think some of
your questions may be at least relating to the content of these pages which
I have been reading through. It relates to a properly configured base image
for docker to manage services and processes, especially when things go
wrong.

http://phusion.github.io/baseimage-docker/

The docker image here is ubuntu 14.04 (was 12.04), but the issue is the same
for CentOS though I don't think a centos base image is available there.
https://github.com/phusion/baseimage-docker

Anyway, it might be a starting point for incorporating the custom 'my_init'
described, instead of supervisord which doesn't seem to effective, probably
for the reasons there described. We are using this baseimage with a cesium
app and it's been very solid running over the past few months without issue.

Brandon