[mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.6 Open Layers Samples - Slelection

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Thu Sep 18 10:11:42 PDT 2014

Hopefully, this question is not to vague.  I have been working with the
selection sample from the ol2samples directory from the Mapguide 2.6
installation.  I am trying to do the following:

>From the map page I send a query to the mapguide server and pull some
records from a feature source.

I return the coordinates of the features to the map page and can zoom the
map to those coordinates and see the feature.

Right after zooming I use the sendSelectionQuery(geom) function of the
sample to select the feature zoomed to.

This works great as long as the feature is visible at the zoom level before
the query to the feature source is made.  If not, zooming to the feature
works but the selection doesn't.

I assume this is because the request to the mapguide server made by
sendSelectionQuery(geom) is happening before the map view has been updated
for the new zoom level.

Any ideas about how to overcome this?

Thanks,

Greg