[mapguide-users] Loading tif using GDAL

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:22:17 PDT 2014

In the GDAL Feature Source window, what method are you using to connect to
the data?

1. Type - Single or Composite

2. File System or Alias

Also, are you using the Local Preview button at the bottom or the Preview
button on the toolbar?  You should use the Preview button on the toolbar.
It will load the schema view in a new browser window.  You should be able to
see a link "View Data" and once you click on that, the right frame will be
populated with all the tif files being exposed.  If it says "total
entries:-1" then something failed.  Also remember to

In the not so recent past, I  have had issues with the Composite type
method:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Step-by-Step-for-ECW-and-MGOS-2-4-tp4995445p4998405.html

If this is the method that you have been using and it fails, try using the
Single type method (choose the folder where all the tif files are).  And I
would also start from the beginning (open a new resource and select single
method).  For some reason I've noticed that if you try to change from
composite to single type method, you can't...it seems like you can't purge
the configuration even after a save.

Steve