[mapguide-users] Mapguide and ODBC

gom gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Tue Apr 21 14:01:30 PDT 2015

I have migrated and Access database to SQL Server.  I am trying to create a
feature join from an sdf file to a sql server table using a string column.
I can create the datasources and the join without too much difficulty.  If I
use the preview function on the datasource I can see the record count on the
sdf side of the join and I can preview thae data.  I can do likewise on the
extended class and the record count matches.  However, when I view the data
only about 15 percent of the records join properly.  The rest show blank or
null values from the SQL Server table side of the join.

It is a single table, single column join.  No leading or trailing spaces are
obvious in the sdf or the table as far as I can see.  Hard to identify the
cause.  I read in the archives that text doesn't work well for joins but
that message was years old.

Is ODBC joining still a problematic approach to managing data in Mapguide or
am I missing something.

Mapguide is 2.5.1 but this problem shows up in Maestro 5 and 6 and in
Mapguide Studio.

Thanks