[mapguide-users] mg-desktop and GDAL Plugins

Kori Maleski kori.maleski at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:56:53 PST 2015

Hi all,

Trying to get MrSid to display in mg-desktop 2.5.2

It is working no problem with MapGuide server as per below:

Server\bin\libecwj2.dll
Server\bin\lti_dsdk_dll.dll
Server\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll
Server\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_MrSID.dll
Server\Fdo\gdal19.dll
Server\Fdo\geos_c.dll
Server\Fdo\iconv.dll
Server\Fdo\libcurl.dll
Server\Fdo\libexpat.dll
Server\Fdo\libpq.dll
Server\Fdo\libtiff.dll
Server\Fdo\proj.dll
Server\Fdo\spatialite.dll
Server\Fdo\xerces-c_2_8.dll
Server\Fdo\zlib1.dll

Files from:
http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1600-x64-gdal-1-9-0-mapserver-6-0-1.zip

mg-desktop directory structure does not use a bin folder and the bin files
on the server are in the root for desktop.

Is there anything special that has to be done to get the GDAL plugins
working for desktop?  I have tried different permutations of folder/dll
arrangement but I cannot get Mr Sid to display.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski