[mapguide-users] bug correction for MG 3.0 install script (mginstallubuntu.sh)

Ricardo Pinho ricardodepinho at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 03:36:18 PST 2015

Hi Jackie,
Yes, the included #!/bin/bash is supposed to over right the initial command.
If you noted, my first try was to run the original script with bash command
instead of sh, but it didn't work.
We can prove it by running the script, after changing the first line to
"#!/bin/bash", with "sh mginstallubuntu.sh"
But I haven't tried yet...

In my opinion, the best solution would be, not to use "bash-isms" at all...
;-)

Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

> I've already noted in the 3.0 release notes that the Ubuntu install scripts
> has bash-isms and that bash should be the default shell when running the
> install scripts.
>
> Will using #!/bin/bash explicitly use bash on Ubuntu even when your default
> shell is still dash?
>
> - Jackie

Ricardo Pinho