[mapguide-users] Improving AIMS/Mapguide bundled PHP performance

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 06:12:01 PST 2015

Having run an opcache-enabled PHP for a bit longer now, I've come to find out
that PHP opcache on Windows in general is horribly unstable due to the ASLR
security feature of Windows. IIS has been randomly throwing HTTP 500 errors
on calls to mapguide-rest because of this.

See: https://github.com/zendtech/ZendOptimizerPlus/issues/167

My original blog post has been updated with this new fact. Use PHP opcache
on Windows at your own peril.

- Jackie